Civil Defence Emergency Management Group
What is the Civil Defence Emergency Management Group (CDEMG)?
All of the seven councils in the Bay of Plenty make up the Bay of Plenty Civil Defence Emergency Management Group (BOP CDEMG).
The aim of the BOP CDEMG is to:
- Coordinate all planning activities related to hazard and emergency management;
- Encourage cooperation and joint action within the region;
- Determine the aspirations of our community; and
- Examine the risks that hazards may pose to the goals, and prioritise each hazard.
- To provide a coordinated and integrated approach to the way significant risks and hazards are managed in the Bay of Plenty across the 4R's:
The governance of the Group is provided by a joint committee of elected representatives from Bay of Plenty Regional Council, city and district councils in the Bay of Plenty (except Taupo District Council).