The latest updates, information and advice from the New Zealand Government on COVID-19 can be found at www.covid19.govt.nz
New Zealand is now at Alert Level 1.
Alert Level 1 sees everyone being able to return without restriction to work, school, sports and domestic travel, and you can get together with as many people as you want.
It's important that we keep the basic hygiene measures that worked so well through higher Alert Levels going. This includes washing your hands and coughing or sneezing into your elbow. Remember to remain vigilant and being aware of physical distancing when out and about amongst strangers is a good habit to keep.
We should all continue to keep track of where we’ve been and who we’ve seen to assist with rapid contact tracing if it is required. Businesses should assist customers to keep track of where they’ve been by displaying the Ministry of Health QR code.
This will be our new normal but, while we do return to pre-COVID life, we must remember we remain in a global pandemic.
The Golden Rules for everyone at Alert Level 1
- If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work or school. Don’t socialise.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms call your doctor or Healthline and make sure you get tested.
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow, and regularly disinfect shared surfaces.
- If you are told by health authorities to self-isolate you must do so immediately.
- If you’re concerned about your wellbeing, or have underlying health conditions, work with your GP to understand how best to stay healthy.
- Keep track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen to help contact tracing if needed. Use the NZ COVID Tracer app as a handy way of doing this.
- Businesses should help people keep track of their movements by displaying the Ministry of Health QR Code for contact tracing.
- Stay vigilant. There is still a global pandemic going on. People and businesses should be prepared to act fast to step up Alert Levels if we have to.
- People will have had different experiences over the last couple of months. Whatever you’re feeling — it’s okay. Be kind to others. Be kind to yourself.
If you are struggling and need assistance, please contact the following organisations:
If you are an existing Work and Income New Zealand client or a New Zealand resident needing financial support: please ring Work and Income on 0800 559 009.
If you’re calling because you have been temporarily displaced from your home due to COVID-19 and need support to find short term temporary accommodation, please call the Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment ‘s Temporary Accommodation Service on 0508 754 163
If you are a foreign national in need of support and have been unable to access assistance from your embassy please contact the NZ Red Cross on 0800 733 276.
If you’re not sure what assistance may be available or don’t know who to contact for help, visit www.covid19.govt.nz for more information and useful contacts.